Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Yay! You Found Me!

This is the site that will tell you how I'm doing while at school in Jerusalem!
A reminder - I'll be attending the Calvary Chapel Bible College of Jerusalem (located in downtown Jerusalem, about a 10 minute walk from the old city).

Current Stats...
My flight leaves the Portland airport on Monday, August 18th around 2:00pm, and I'll arrive in Tel Aviv mid-day on Wednesday. From there I'll be taking a Nasser (a taxi/bus combo) to the front door of the school. Then comes a few days of orientation, and then classes begin! :)

And just so you know...
You will always be allowed to comment on my posts - an easy way to stay in touch and ask questions as I'm writing - and I'll do my best to respond to all the questions!
I would love to know who all is reading, so if you would comment the first time you view the blog here I would appreciate it! (yes - that means now! haha!)

If you want to get in touch with me before I leave you can call me at 503-949-6439, or e-mail me at h_boldt@hotmail.com

love and grace to you all!

9 comments:

Elise said...

Hi Heather, Elise here,
I'm sorry I couldn't come to your get-together in Monmouth today, I had class.
You know we all love you and are hoping, or praying, for your safe journey and return.
If I don't see you before you go,
ila lliqaa (Arabic for until we meet again)
Elise

Unknown said...

Heather, I am so proud of you! I will look forward to reading your blogs and my husband and I will be praying for you!
This journey will change your life, and I am so glad that you have the Holy Spirit to guide you and the Lord's hand on your safety.

May the peace of the Lord fill you today and always.

Jamie

Hope said...

oh man! I'm so exited...it's weird (hahaha) I was just remembering taking the Nesser from Ben Gurion to Jerusalem and having no idea what I was doing.
I know God is going to bless you so much! Don't forget to keep us updated occasionally.

dadboldt said...

Yay! Dad found you, AND made an account here!
...amazing...

Unknown said...

Hey heather bether :) just to let you know i'm reading ;) lots a love, can't wait for you first impressions they are always priceless :)xxx

BeckyVestal'sTripToSierraLeone said...

So, this is my comment. Just as we say at Jonah, "This is not goodbye, it's see ya later" :) I wish I could have seen you off in person (had I been in the state, wild dogs couldn't have kept me). I'm so excited for you and I know that God will do awesome things through you and around you. Oh! I'm just really happy for you! So, we'll talk on skype, of course.
And I'll email you often ;)

<3

dadboldt said...

Dad is using executive privlege for Heather's blog. We saw her off in PDX amid some stressful surprises. Her overweight bag was MUCH more expensive than anticipated, and she must re-check her bags in Warsaw enroute to Israel. Praise with us Jesus worked out the stressful stuff and she has started her journey. Pray with us this bag won't be VERY expensive twice on her journey. Thanks. Dad

Michelle said...

Hi Heather!

Wow, sounds like you have had quite the trip! Thanks for letting us know all about it. Hope things are going well for you in Israel. I will be missing you at LB. Don't you miss LB though; you are going to be having way more fun! Have fun and learn a lot :).

Love,

Michelle

Anonymous said...

heather! I missed the whole, "Post if you are reading deal" so here is my post, but late :D
Much love,
MyKala